Monday, March 2, 2015

Loving mother on the outstide, cold-blooded murderer on the inside


As I was about to navigate from msn to YouTube I noticed the headline Mom convicted of killing son, 5, by poisoning him with salt.  Before I even read the article I was immediately disgusted by the headline.  Lacey Spears, the mother of 5-year-old Garnett-Paul Spears, was found guilty of poisoning her son with salt through his feeding tube.  She was seen as a loving mother who was always by her sickly son's side until a video surfaced of her and Garnett going into a hospital bathroom and him becoming very ill afterward.  Though the evidence to put  Lacey Spears behind bars exists, it is still very hard to believe that a mother would do anything to harm their child.  It is sick that she only pretended to be a good mother so that she wouldn't get caught for killing her son.  People like her don't deserve to be called a parent and they definitely shouldn't have children in the first place.

4 comments:

  1. This is awful to think that a mother would do anything to protect their children and to hear the way she did it its very disturbing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really angers me. How can a human do such thing? The poor child didn't deserve that,as a matter of fact, that woman doesn't even deserve to have a child. Why have kids if you're not going to protect and care for them. ColdWorld.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are so tough. What if she was acting this way because she has a mental illness? Does that have any effect on your opinions?
    And how would we ever be able to prevent anyone from having a child just because we think they are sick? How would we know someone's going to murder a child?
    Not that I want to defend her at all, I'm just wondering if we should look deeper into why this happened.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This saddens me because it amazes me how people switch up. Parents always say that children are the loves of their lives, but how could a parent take their own childs life. I understand maybe her son having a mental illness but that does not give her the right to take a child's life. Was is worth it I ask in my head, because now she doesn't have a child and will be in prison. Story like this break my heart.

    ReplyDelete